cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS RP Maximum image resolution not matching specs

jansen10
Apprentice

I have a new EOS RP. The maximum resolution that I'm able to set on the camera is 3,880x2590 even though the specs for this camera are a maximum of 6,240x4160. I would appreciate any help with this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rs-eos
Elite

Looks like you have the Image Quality set to Medium with an aspect ratio of 4:3 (closest values to the 3880 x 2590 you mentioned).

See pages 583 and 584 in the User Manual.  Always best to ensure you're capturing the highest quality, so set to Large (Fine).   Also, for maximum quality, capture in RAW.  For added flexibility, capture in RAW plus JPEG.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forums.

Exact which menu setting are you trying to adjust?  Image Save Format?

Do you have a formatted memory card installed in the camera?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

rs-eos
Elite

Looks like you have the Image Quality set to Medium with an aspect ratio of 4:3 (closest values to the 3880 x 2590 you mentioned).

See pages 583 and 584 in the User Manual.  Always best to ensure you're capturing the highest quality, so set to Large (Fine).   Also, for maximum quality, capture in RAW.  For added flexibility, capture in RAW plus JPEG.

--
Ricky

Thank you for your response. We tried all combinations of Large/Raw/JPEG, but the highest resolution we can get is 3880x2590. We researched your mention of "aspect ratio" and discovered we were sold a "RF-S lens with the camera body. Apparently, it is designed for the R10, which has "smaller sensors than the RP...so the lens will 'crop' heavily" on our camera. We believe that what we need is a "full format" RF lens, so we'll try that. Thanks again for your help! 

Yep, that makes sense.  I hadn't thought about crop-mode which will happen when using any RF-S lens on a full frame R-series camera.   Glad you got it all figured out.

--
Ricky

Announcements