cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS RP Bag for Body Only

johnusnsd
Apprentice

So, not to show my age or anything - but recently upgraded from EOS ELAN (yes, Elan) to RP - and I need to purchase a body only camera bag so I can toss the RP into my travel backpack.

Any recommendations on a body only bag would be greatly appreciated.

John

7 REPLIES 7

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Excuse my confusion, but what about the lens(es) that you need to take photos with the RP? Do you have some other kind of container for them?

Personally, I would encourage you to travel with the lens attached to the RP.  Being a mirrorless camera, this unit does not have any sort of shield between the sensor and the outside world when you have the cap off to take on and off lenses.  Since dust is attracted to the sensor and plays the very devil with digital images, I avoid opening any digital camera body in the field.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thanks Trevor - appreciate the insight.   My lenses have a sleeve or case - and those I can just toss in my backpack…..depending on where I am traveling will dictate which lenses I take with me - but, wanted to through the cap on the camera body and place that in my backpack.   But, doing some looking - I have to agree with you - that it appears it would be best (for the bags I have seen) to leave a short lens on the body and bag it from there.    Thanks again for the advice….I will heed that.     John 

Glad to be of assistance.

What lenses are you intending to use with the RP?  What subjects do you anticipate shooting? 

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Trevor - I shoot trains (railfan) and planes (airgeek).    Live in FL but do most of my photography (rail and planes) in Southern California (Tehachapi and Cajon for trains, and the In-n-Out at Sepulveda Blvd at LAX for aircraft.    I have a EF 400 Sigma lens that I intend to use with the RP (with the adapter).   Camera came with the 24-105 - and if I leave that attached and use a top loading bag - it will eat up a lot of space in my backpack.   I can make the top loading bag work - was just wondering if anyone else had used a different bag for travel (I stay on the road a good bit).     John 

How interesting John!   I have done a bit of aircraft photography myself - trains, not so much. 😊 I did do quite a lot of hiking (we call it tramping in NZ), but I use different gear for that. Absolutely, your solution to hold the longer lens makes sense.  I guess that you would want a fairly wide-angle lens for trains, assuming you are getting up close to them?

cheers, TREVOR

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You want to visit the B&H web site for a camera only bag.  If you are using the mirrorless body with the RF/EF mount adapter, then I would not be inclined to go hiking with any lenses attached.

At the very least, I recommend picking up a couple of spare batteries and memory cards.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

KhayaZondo
Apprentice

So, not to show my age or anything - but recently upgraded from EOS ELAN (yes, Elan) to RP - and I need to purchase a body only camera bag so I can toss the RP into my travel backpack.

Any recommendations on a body only bag would be greatly appreciated.

Announcements