cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R7 keeps switching to self timer mode - how do I stop this?

ta1835
Apprentice

Currently traveling and using my new R7 body for first time.  I cannot understand how or why but the camera is often switching to self timer mode - happens whether screen open or closed.  I must be touching something accidentally or using a control incorrectly but this is causing me a great deal of grief at the moment.  Anyone have an idea of why this is happening?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:
Have you checked that you don't have the self timer set as the default setting for shooting?  I suggest checking the Q menu and check that the self-timer is not active.  Also, it can be set via the M-Fn button, that is right by the shutter button.  Is it possible you are somehow activating the feature from there?
For info on this, check out P509 of the manual: c005.pdf (start.canon)

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:
Have you checked that you don't have the self timer set as the default setting for shooting?  I suggest checking the Q menu and check that the self-timer is not active.  Also, it can be set via the M-Fn button, that is right by the shutter button.  Is it possible you are somehow activating the feature from there?
For info on this, check out P509 of the manual: c005.pdf (start.canon)

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

The M-Fn button may in fact have been the issue.  Thank you for the suggestion.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements