cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Mark II Tamron Lens Compatibility

Sannystac07
Contributor

Will I be able to use my Tamron 24 to 70mm EF lens with full functionality with the EOS R6 Mark ll?

13 REPLIES 13

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@Captainzouave,

Changed communication, I think they have, tweaked it at least as more capability has been introduced.  Its great your Contax Zeiss is working on your R and R5.  Unfortunately, this has not be others experience (mine as well) with many 3rd party lenses, Tamron, Sigma and others.  No one is trying to correct anything; we are merely pointing out that other users are posting less favorable experiences and issues with gear (brands and models) they have always used previously with great success.  I have 2 newer Sigma (Contemporary and Art) Global Vision lenses adapted that work pretty well but are not 100% reliable as they were on my DSLR.  Reddit, youtube, dpreview, frank aranda and this forum is proof that what Tamron claimed 2 years ago is no longer 100% accurate. This is not about being right, it's about helping others understand challenges they might face.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

“ This is not about being right, it's about helping others understand challenges they might face. “ 

Very well put.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@shadowsports wrote:

@Captainzouave,

What Tamron claimed 2 years ago is no longer 100% accurate..

Actually, the two year old claims regarding the R/RP just might still be accurate.  They just may not apply to the EOS R6 Mark II.  Even Canon is updating lens firmware for the new camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

kevinidzi
Apprentice

I have the Tamron 24 to 70mm EF lens (G1, not G2) and can answer this with the EOS R6 Mark II.  

I have found everything works as expected, and your excellent Tamron lens will still look most excellent with the R6 Mark II.  The one thing that did trip me up a bit, is that the realtime viewfinder view is amazing - but does NOT take into account aperture settings.  So you may need to test a bit offhand to get used to it (if you are moving from a crop sensor to full sensor, as in my case), otherwise, just a warning for that.

I also have a 70-200 2.8f lens (g1) which works fine too.  

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements