cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Mark II Freezes with Rokinon Lens

Waltnovell
Contributor

A few days ago i finally get it ver happy about it!! I test all lense canon mostly but when attached my rokinon sp 85mm 1.2 manual and push the shutter for taking a photo the camera froze on me I got to take the battery to make it work again, in video works great no problem only when i need it for photos, is this normal or my camera is broken? Please advice

23 REPLIES 23

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Your camera is not broken if it does not work with a non-Canon lens, they are not guaranteed to work. Did you set the camera to take an image without a lens?

Waltnovell
Contributor

Thanks for your reply and yes I did but same results froze and have to remove the battery to get it to work again, now in my Eos R it works great no problem.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Are you using a Canon lens mount adapter?

Do you turn off the camera to change lenses?  If not, you should do so.  Turn off the camera.  Mount the lens.  Turn the camera back on.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yes canon adapters 100% and yes off every time to replace the lenses unfortunately same results froze on me screen turn black red doc going off for ever and i have to remove the battery to make the camera work

Hmm.  It works great in video mode, but not for photo modes, you say?  That’s a new one.  That sounds like a compatibility issue with the lens.  I would contact Canon Support, simply because it works in one mode but not the other.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I talked to canon support and they say that the camera is not broken but they not guarantee that the Camara will work with a none canon lenses and that probably that specific lenses did not make it into the compatible lenses, I bit disappointed to not be able to use this lense.  

Backwash
Apprentice

Even worse problem.

Brand new R6 MkII.... connected Rokinon RF 14mm AF. Canon didn't even turn on. Had to remove battery and change to Canon lens. Camera turned on....but would take 5 seconds to turn on instead of near instant as it did prior to connecting the Rokinon lens. Had to Reset Camera to bring the speed back to where it was. So....the Camera got seriously messed up in software by simply connecting the Rokinon lens.

What the?

You might want to check rokinon web page they got docks for your lense I believe that they will put a new firmware to the lense, also you can ask them if they are aware of this issue to make sure any update will work to make your lense compatible, good luck.

on a side note I was able to go to a near by store (district Camera) we test my lense 85mm So 1.2 and same problem the camera froze witch give me the assurance that my unit is not broken is just a compatibility issue.

@Backwash wrote:

Even worse problem.

Brand new R6 MkII.... connected Rokinon RF 14mm AF. Canon didn't even turn on. Had to remove battery and change to Canon lens. Camera turned on....but would take 5 seconds to turn on instead of near instant as it did prior to connecting the Rokinon lens. Had to Reset Camera to bring the speed back to where it was. So....the Camera got seriously messed up in software by simply connecting the Rokinon lens.

What the?

That has been reported by other users too using Canon lenses. Solution that time was to turn off Bluetooth.

Announcements