cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Image Doesn't Fill Rear Screen

tinaco
Contributor

I just bought a an R6 and am working through and learning the menus.  The image on the rear screen seems to only fill 4/5's of the screen.  It seemed larger a day ago.  Have I touched the wrong menu button?

Just curious?

Thanks for any help.

Tom Heiden

6 REPLIES 6

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

What mode are you in. Full Auto doesn't display all of the mention options available. Unlike the creative zone (M, AV, Tv, P & Fv) modes.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Thank you very much for the reply.  My fault, I didn't explain this properly.  I am in FV mode (which is incredible).  The actual LCD screen display - menu or image - doesn't seem to be filling the entire LCD display screen.  Displays are centered but the media, menu or image, doesn't go corner to corner on the screen.  There is a black border around the media.  Seems like wasted real estate.

Again, Thank You !

Reset the camera to factory default. To see if that fixes the problem.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Thank You

Did that correct the problem. If not I can ping an R6 owner to assist you further.

-Demetrius

My first reaction is to check P8 of the Red Menus, VF display format.  I suspect you may find that is set to Display 2, which has that effect - to get the full screen set to Display 1

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements