cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 Using HDMI output and LCD simultaneously for stills

kulmmii
Apprentice

I'm coming from a Sony world and there is one feature that I can't find to work with my Canon R5 that I did with Sony.

I would like to shoot stills with Canon R5 and show the images that i've taken (or what i'm seeing through the camera) from the external monitor with HDMI. Now it seems that I can only see everything only from TV but I can't use my cameras viewfinder or LCD screen at all when TV is connected. It works with video but not with stills. Why?

I wish Canon would add this feature because I really do need it while shooting with some clients. I have external monitor Atomos Shinobi and it was so easy to use it as a "mirror" to show the results.

I don't wanna plug and unplug the HDMI cable all the time to get this work. Any suggestions? Carrying extra laptop all the time and using Canon apps isn't really handy.

10 REPLIES 10

I'd like to add my name to the call for this feature. I'm an editorial and advertising photographer and clients expect external monitors for so many scenarios and I'm finding the need to use on-camera monitors. It's kind of ridiculous that I lose not just the viewfinder view but also ability to see the menu because I'm using HDMI out..... 

Announcements