EOS R5: SD slot not locking into place

CanonR5
Apprentice

Hello all,  Quick ?, why would my SD card not lock into place all of a sudden.  Nothing is in the SD slot, not sure what happened but it just started today.  I’ve tried a couple of different cards.  Anything like this happen to anyone?  If not, I guess I will send it in for service.  I can still use the other slot without issue.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

stevet1
Authority
Authority

CanonR5,

There's a little spring down there and a little pin that slides into place when the spring is fully depressed. It could be that something is broken down there. Just for the purpose of elimination, do you have another card you can try?

Steve Thomas

Thanks for the reply. I think you are correct about the pin.  I must have bent it by mistake.  I hope it is an easy fix.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

The retention system is spring-loaded.  They have a metal pin and plastic guide.  Usually something gets jammed or broken.   Sorry this has happened, your camera needs to go to Canon.  Start by registering the Camera in your My Canon account.  A repair request can be created there.

**Edit, spelling

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you.. already registered. Will contact them tomorrow.  😞

Announcements