cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 Mark II: LCD problem when HDMI plugged in.

etiennededuroch
Apprentice

If I plug in an HDMI in my R5MII while the camera LCD screen is open, there is no problem, they will both stream the image fine.

But if I do the same while the LCD is closed (or if I close it), and then i open/re-open the LCD screen, the image on the screen is completly destroyed (see picture). The image comes back to normal as soon as I unplug the HDMI.

Software problem? or is it Hardware?

20240915_104422.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

It could be normal, when you plug in the HDMI with the screen open it just uses the camera screen parameters such as resolution and refresh rate. The monitor can handle these settings. When the LCD is closed, it uses the monitor's settings to set up the HDMI signal. When you re-open the screen after this, the monitor settings stay in effect, which the camera display can't handle.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is interesting behavior.  There are menu options to adjust HDMI output on the port > Auto,  1080p, 1080i, but the internal display should adjust accordingly on its own.  I suspect the artifacts are related to the camera driving two displays at different refresh rates and resolutions, but Im no expert.  I'd contact support and report it.  Not because I think something is wrong with you camera, but instead so they can investigate and fix if it's an issue.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I did opened a support ticket, and will update when I have news.

@etiennededuroch wrote:

I did opened a support ticket, and will update when I have news.

That would be helpful and appreciated.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements