cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 How to automatically zoom all photos to focus point during playback

luciano
Contributor

I take photos of birds and they are often distant and small in the frame. As I view each photo, I often need to zoom into the focus point on each photo. Instead of having to zoom into each photo as scroll through photos, I'm wondering if there's a way to zoom all photos to the focus point during playback?

8 REPLIES 8

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Yes.  Most Canon cameras allow you to control this in the blue Playback menus.  You can define the zoom level.  You can set the “center” of the zoomed image as being a locked AF point or the center of the image.

Note, note all images will have a locked AF point.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Really? I don't see how to do this with a T6S.

@kvbarkley wrote:

Really? I don't see how to do this with a T6S.

I said “most cameras.”  I assume Rebels do not offer the feature.  

The OP has an R5.  This is where you would set up the default playback display.

DE5B6021-3AFB-4C5D-B20A-6154837B32FB.jpeg

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, luciano!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon camera model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Canon R5.

On page 4 of the blue menu, there is a range of options but I cannot see how to zoom every image to the focus point.

I'm aware that I can magnify each image to the focus point by pressing the magnify button, but I'm after a way of avoiding even having to press this button and just show each image already zoomed into the focus point. This would allow be to rapidly scroll through images and keep the ones I need. When taking images at 20 fps, there are a lot of images to go through and I'm looking for ways to speed up the process.

Have you tested each of the options to see how they work?   

Have you tried “Actual Size (from selected pt)”?

DE5B6021-3AFB-4C5D-B20A-6154837B32FB.jpeg

Hi yes tried those, but I believe they only refer to what happens when magnification button pressed. Wondering if there's a way to magnify photos automatically without pressing magnification button?

@luciano wrote:

Hi yes tried those, but I believe they only refer to what happens when magnification button pressed. Wondering if there's a way to magnify photos automatically without pressing magnification button?

I am certain that your belief is incorrect.

Are you sure you set it properly?  What shooting mode are you using?

Do you have a nearby camera shop or someone that can you look at your camera?  If it is not working for you, then I suggest you contact Canon Support for your country.

Announcements