cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R10 Lost images

TrishW
Contributor
Hello!
I've just tried to download my images from the SD card and they have all gone.....I'm gutted!
I was looking at them in the woodland, so all was well then.
When I got home, I fitted my adapter so I could use my zoom from my other camera, and got that working, I was over the moon.
But this morning when I went to download the images, the only ones that were there were a couple I took at home with the zoom.
I have no idea what has happened. I can't believe i need two cards, one for when I use the adapter and one when I don't
I can't believe it, I was do looking forward to looking at them.... any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks again, I'll look for the software

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

What specific camera, lenses and adapter are you using?

What type of SD card (full-sized, or micro with adapter)?

Before you changed your lenses or installed/removed the adapter, did you turn the camera off?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Hi Ricky, my camera is an R10, the lens I put on was a Canon EFS 55-250.

The adapter is the one that came with the camera Mount adapter EF-EOS R

The SD card is full-size SanDisk 128GB 200MB/s 3 10 (not too sure what some of this means??

thanks for your help

johnrmoyer
Mentor
Mentor

You did not say how you determined that the images were gone.

If you have a computer with a card reader, then I suggest setting the switch on the memory card to write protect and looking at all of the files on the memory card with the computer.

You did not say what memory card, but some card manufacturers offer software that attempts to recover accidentally deleted files.

My guess is that unless the images were deleted when viewing them on the camera or unless the card was formatted between changing lenses, then the image files are still somewhere on the memory card. I do not think that you have provided enough information to conclude that they are gone.

---
https://www.rsok.com/~jrm/

OK John thank you, I've tried adjusting the SD card  to write protect, but the only images I have are the ones after I changed the lens, I cannot see any of the images before that. The memory card i have is a SanDisk 128GB, 200MB/s. I have not knowingly deleted any images... thanks John

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Buy an external SD card reader. They are not expensive and generally work very well and very fast.  You can search the SD just like any file you search for on your computer with it. If you saw the photos while looking at them on your camera they have to be there.  Not possible not to be. The SD will not format itself or delete files from itself.

Never ever ever use a micro-SD cards always full size. Don't ever ever use your camera's SD as a photo storage device. Your computer is where they need to be stored.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks Legend.... I am using an external reader, and it is picking up all the images I took after I changed the lens,,,, it's a real mystery!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Now on the off chance you did format the SD or you did delete photos some how you can get recovery software for any major brand SD. The recovery software isn't 100% however so don't do any thing else to that SD if you intend to try to recover.

Formatting and/or deleting doesn't actually delete the photo but it might make recover difficult.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks again, I'll look for the software

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements