cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M50 Mark II "F00" message with Brightin Star 60mm 2X lens attached

Brians
Apprentice

Hello I have a M50 Mark II recently purchased a Brightin Star 60mm 2X macro lens and attached it to the camera and getting a F00. Has any one else had this issue with this lens? Any advice please? 
Thanks B. 

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

This is a totally manual lens. You will need to set your camera to release shutter without lens in your menu settings. Then you will need to manually adjust shutter speed, aperture and ISO till you center the exposure needle. Finally you will need to manually focus the lens. 

Consult your camera manual for Manual Shooting. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Where in the menu is that? Just started using Canon. Was using Samsung 300NX. Thanks

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I don’t have that camera. Check your camera manual or just start stepping through the red Shooting menu pages. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Thanks

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Brians, 

Is food photography a new endeavor for you.  In addition to reviewing your manual as John suggested, I think you should consider better lenses, a tripod, lighting, and backgrounds.  

Food photography is specialized like shooting products or jewelry.  You won't be successful putting a plate of food on the table and taking pictures.

The M50 Mark II is an enthusiast grade camera. It's built in flash.may not be suitable for high quality results and using it in conjunction with an off-brand lens might also yield questionable quality. 

Considering the above might help improve the quality of your results.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You should use a fully manual lens in a Creative Shooting Mode that does not require the camera to control the aperture setting. This means only use Av or M mode. 

I recommend using a tripod and Av mode. No flash will be needed, either. 

Next, you will most likely need to perform some type of image post processing. If this is new to you, then prepare to climb a steep learning curve. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements