cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 90D: Missing options in menu

AMHornbeck
Apprentice

Just purchased a new Canon 90D through Amazon.  I was watching a tutorial on the 90D but found that my 90D does not have ‘Metering timer’ or ‘Expo simulation’ options in the menu where the instructors’s camera does. Any ideas or suggestions why my camera doesn’t have these options?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Start by putting you camera in P mode, and go to the menu. In the camera icon menu (red) on page two both can be found. The information is on page 220 and 221 of the 90D manual.

Here's a link: 90D manual 

Exposure Sim.jpg

Be a different person on the web, be kind, respectful and most of all be helpful!
Accuracy of statement is one of the first elements of truth; inaccuracy is a near kin to falsehood. - Tryon Edwards

90D ~ 5D Mk IV ~ R5 ~ R6 Mk II ~ R50
Adobe and Topaz Suite for post processing
Personal Gallery

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forums!

Not all manu options are available in all shooting modes available on the top dial.  The “Basic” shooting modes are automatic modes, which do not display the full menu options.

The “Creative” shooting modes are P, Tv, Av, and M..  Setting the Shooting Mode dial on top of the camera body to one of these modes will display the full menu system.  I recommend starting with P.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I tried to find the ‘Expo simulation’ and ‘Metering timer’ in the menu from all the creative shooting modes as you suggested but those 2 options are not displayed in my camera menu.

Any other ideas?

Start by putting you camera in P mode, and go to the menu. In the camera icon menu (red) on page two both can be found. The information is on page 220 and 221 of the 90D manual.

Here's a link: 90D manual 

Exposure Sim.jpg

Be a different person on the web, be kind, respectful and most of all be helpful!
Accuracy of statement is one of the first elements of truth; inaccuracy is a near kin to falsehood. - Tryon Edwards

Personal Gallery

Perfect! Thank you

Glad we got it worked out.

Personal Gallery

Sir, 

Still, that does not work. I can not find those options even.

March411
Rising Star

Congrats on the new body!

Personal Gallery

Prodip
Apprentice

The same thing happens to me. How can I get rid of this?

March411
Rising Star

Do you have the Camera set to P when looking at the menu?

Personal Gallery
click here to view the gallery
Announcements