cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 90D Battery Display

mdphoto
Apprentice

Hi all,

I just noticed that my ESO 90D is not displaying all bars when the battery is fully charged, it is only showing half.

I use a BG-E14 Battery grip and I just tried with and without it, same results.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Manuel D.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mdphoto
Apprentice

I did additional tests and figured that my issue was created when I used a multi USB charger that I have for some other devices. When I connected the charger to power directly using a dedicated USB charger the issue disappears.

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions.

Manuel D.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

Do you have a 2nd or a 3rd battery to test the camera with. Also test the camera with the battery grip removed.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Yes, I have 2 batteries so I tested them individually and with the grip, same results.

Wandalynn
Enthusiast

Are you using Canon batteries? I have used third party batteries on various cameras through the years and found that the battery level was not always accurately shown with them (for instance, I would know I had put in a fully charged battery but the icon would show much less). Not always but enough times that I didn't depend on the battery indicator icon with third party batteries.

Yes, both batteries are Canon.

pxbradley1
Enthusiast

I have the same issue with a T7. Battery level does not display correctly. Canon batteries or third party. Same result. Canon's response was to send me another battery. It didn't solve the problem but I got a free battery. I don't trust the display so I always carry charged spares.

mdphoto
Apprentice

I did additional tests and figured that my issue was created when I used a multi USB charger that I have for some other devices. When I connected the charger to power directly using a dedicated USB charger the issue disappears.

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions.

Manuel D.

Announcements