cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 80D Wi-Fi & Canon Connect

RLovaglio
Apprentice

What is the problem with the failure of Canon Connect to link with the DLSR Wi-Fi,  Camera is a 80D?

This problem seems to be a common issue on the internet.  It used to work fine--what did Canon change?  Does Canon expect to fix the bug shortly?

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the Canon Forums.

We would need more info to better help you resolve your issue.  What brand of phone and Operating System update version are you running?

If it used to work and now suddenly it does not, then you are correct.  Something has most likely changed.  The question is WHAT has changed.  The mostly likely suspects are the camera, the Canon application, and the OS in the phone.

Have you updated your camera firmware recently?

Have you updated the Canon app recently?  It does not update automatically on its own.  It will tell you that an update is available and ask if you wish to install it.

Have you purchased a new phone or updated the OS in the phone?  Most smart phones are set to automatically update their OS whenever one become available.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

The phone is an iPhone 15 Pro Version 17.4.1

The Camera is Canon 80D Firmware 1.0.3

Camera Connect Version 3.1.20.52 Build 1386

I've answered the questions posed by Waddizzle and look forward to a response to help me with my problem.  

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Release 17.4.1 caused a landslide of issues.  It was replaced by 17.5.1 within a week.  Release 17.6.1 is being punched to iPhones this week.  Update your phone’s OS.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

RLovaglio
Apprentice

I'm still in the same situation.

1. I've got all the latest firmware as noted above

2. My camera wi-fi turns on

3. My iPhone connects to the camera wi-fi 

4. Canon Camera Connect does not see the camera

5. Camera Connect wants to have the camera identified

6. After scrolling through the list of cameras, choosing 80D Camera Connect still doesn't connect to camera.

7. Frustrating!!

Announcements