cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 5D Mark IV - Unable to change SD card.

PD56
Apprentice

I have a Canon EOS 5D Mark IV and was shooting a large event. I changed my SD card to a new card, and the images were all on the new card. I tried several SD cards and the images were on them too. I’m away from my PC, and thankfully finished with the shoot, but don’t know what the problem is. 

4 REPLIES 4

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:

I'm not sure what is going on here: from your explanation it seems that each time you change the SD card, your images are somehow copied to the new card?  Is that what you are suggesting? 

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

I'm far from a photography expert but when I download photos to my laptop, I review then to make sure they are OK. I insert the card in the camera and delete them, then I format the card as some here have suggested in the past.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

normadel
Authority
Authority

Your 5D Mk IV holds an SD card and a CF card. Are you confusing the two cards, and changing the SD card but only looking at the contents of the CF card? Is your camera set to ONLY record on the CF card?

Are you confusing the two cards, and changing the SD card but only looking at the contents of the CF card?

That is my suspicion.  I tried formatting one card and taking photos with the camera set to record to both cards and cannot replicate the issue, so I don't think that possibility is likely.  

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements