cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 5D Mark IV Some AF area selections are not available

WayneOz
Apprentice

Hi  I have the same problem on a 5D Mk4 I've just purchased the manual selection 1pt af not available, the others are all an option . I've rest custom functions and factory settings but this option is still not highlighted although it is ticked. When I scroll the options it jumps passed the a/m

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I'm not following your post.  Are you saying you cannot select one point AF?  What shooting mode are you in?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

What lenses are you using please provide FULL NAMES of the lenses that you have. Some older lenses CANNOT use all 61 AF Points. Or certain AF Points are restricted and CANNOT be used. This is mainly the case with older lenses. Also this affects a lot of older variable aperture lenses. First Gen EF lenses that used Arc Form Drive (AFD) AF motor lenses are classified as F/8 lenses. Even though the lens' maximum aperture is NOT smaller than F/5.6 no Canon brand EF or EF-S lenses has had an aperture smaller than F/5.6 only 3rd Party lenses have had it. AFD was replaced in 1993 by Micro Motor and all consumer lenses from there on used it until being replaced in 2012 with the STM AF motor.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

It sounds like you may have purchased a used camera.  If so, then you should reset the camera back to its factory default settings.  You want to start using the camera with the camera settings in a known state.  

You will need to set the shooting mode dial on top of the camera to “P”. I also recommend downloading a PDF copy of the User’s Guide. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
click here to view the gallery
Announcements