cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 5D Mark II fails to connect (Code 43) but 5D Mark III connects fine!

shimworld
Contributor

For a number of years before yesterday, I have tethered my 5D Mark II to my Dell Studio 1735 via a 5 meter long USB cable without a single problem. Laptop runs Windows 7 32-bits. Then yesterday, I tripped on the cable and slightly bent the mini USB connector. Nothing was broken as the cable continues to function but as soon as I turned off the camera to change a lens, from that point onwards, it's nothing but the following ...

Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)
Port_#0001.Hub_#0004

... I've tried every tip on the web to no avail - including resetting the laptop, taking out the battery and leaving it for 10-30 minutes. I've even left it overnight and no help either. I've uninstalled USB ports etc I just don't know what to do any more and being able to review images on the laptop is critical to my work.It's only the 5D Mark II that's having problems .. all other USB devices connect and disconnect without a hitch.

I have 2 5D Mark II and both cameras trip the same error even when I use a different USB cable.

Help!

2 REPLIES 2

shimworld
Contributor

I have also tried removing both camera and clock battery hoping that would reset the camera side of things but no help either.

Mykolas
Authority

Shimworld,

The best thing to do right now is to rule out whether or not the USB port on the camera is what caused the error in Windows.  Try connecting the camera to another computer. 

If the camera connects just fine to the other computer, then there is something wrong in Windows that will need to be corrected.  We will be happy to help with this if you Contact Us directly, as this may require some more in-depth troubleshooting.

If the camera does not connect properly to the other computer and you receive a similar error, then there may be a problem with the USB port on the camera.  If this turns out to be the problem, the camera will need to be repaired by our Factory Service Center.  To start the repair process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements