cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 50M stuck scene intelligent auto stuck on close-up

Oldsdag
Apprentice

So my camera is stuck on close-up in Scene Intelligent Auto. Lens is macro 28 mm with UV filter in front.

I've tried taking any kind of useful pictures today and it just doesn't turn out that well. Up until today I've used the lens a lot and taken many shots from all kinds of distances and with different setting and there haven't been any issues before.

Any suggestions what is wrong? It was bought in 2020 I think.

5 REPLIES 5

Oldsdag
Apprentice

The camera seems to work fine with all other types of lenses. I can't see anything wrong with the 28 mm.

Try resetting the camera back to factory default. In order to do this you must be in P, Av, TV or M modes. Since you say it's not working with the lens mounted. Unmount the lens and perform a factory reset.

-Demetrius

40D, 5D IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II, EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM, EF 50 F/1.8 STM

430EX III-RT & 600EX II-RT

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Thanks for that very quick reply.

Didn't work though 😢  I could lower my expectations to a painfully low level and only shoot white dots from now on 😊

Is the camera your using the EOS M50 or the EOS M50 Mark II. You mentioned that the camera works with other lenses. Which of the following lenses are you using. Are you using a native EF-M or adapted lens with the EF(-S) to EF-M. The name of the lens will be on the front of the lens when you remove the lens cap.

• EF-M 28mm F/3.5 Macro IS STM (Native lens no adapter needed)
  • EF 28mm F/2.8 (Must use Adapter)
  • EF 28mm F/2.8 IS USM (Must use Adapter) 
  • EF 28mm F/1.8 USM (Must use Adapter) 

-Demetrius

40D, 5D IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II, EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM, EF 50 F/1.8 STM

430EX III-RT & 600EX II-RT

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What results do you get when you switch the shooting mode away from Scene Intelligent Auto?  What happpens if you try P mode?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements