cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 450D blank screen and shutter issue

Nico91
Apprentice

Hi,

I have a Canon 450D that has been in the cupboard for years and I was looking to gift it to someone who wants to get into photography.

However, when I charged up the battery and put it in the camera it would turn on, screen was blank and then the battery would empty quickly. I tried with a back up battery and it done the same.

I changed the SD and the battery no longer empties, but the screen remains blank and won’t turn on, and the shutter release will not take a photo when pressed.

I have changed the lens and it’s the same, not firing and screen is blank. 

so I have tried new lens, new SD card and switched battery and it’s the same. I’ve considered buying a new battery as both are originals and many years old, but just want to get some opinions? 

thanks

1 REPLY 1

Ron

Welcome to The Canon Community Nico91, and thank you for your inquiry!
We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.  The EOS 450d isn't sold or supported by our team here at Canon USA.
If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.
You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Announcements