cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 1D Mark II Video Shows as 0 Bytes

ablain
Apprentice

Hi I am looking for some help. I have a 1D X Mark II. I have been running into this issue where I can see and watch the video on the camera, but when I plug the camera into the computer to try to extract the video I can see it but it has 0 bytes. Other videos on the camera are fine, and it happens intermittently. Is there any way to get the footage? 

1 REPLY 1

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@ablain wrote:

Hi I am looking for some help. I have a 1D X Mark II. I have been running into this issue where I can see and watch the video on the camera, but when I plug the camera into the computer to try to extract the video I can see it but it has 0 bytes. Other videos on the camera are fine, and it happens intermittently. Is there any way to get the footage? 

Are you trying to copy the files to your computer before you try to open them?  You should.  The computer cannot open files stored on the memory card when it is inside the camera.  

Aalways use a card reader to copy the files from the memory card to your computer.  Trying to open the files when they are still on the memory card runs the risk of data corruption, even if you are using a card reader.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements