cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Photo Professional

Dick_Davis
Apprentice

I've been having a long-time ... 10 months?... issue with Version 4.18.10. Opening DPP up I get a combination of a blue buffering spinning wheel and a flashing white cursor arrow. This goes on for 4? minutes. I have to wait until it stops before I can begin editing. This will also appear during editing. Technical support has been ... unfortunately ... less than supportive. I just discovered the newer Ver4.19.10 version. I'm wondering if anyone has had this similar issue. Let's see what happens with the newer version. I've had a Canon camera for 60+ years and would be disappointed if I had to switch.  

3 REPLIES 3

March411
Rising Star

Are you running a Windows or Mac operating system.

I am currently running V4.19.10 on a Win 11 machine and it runs pretty smoothly stand alone. If I have PS and Topaz running I lose some speed, but then they are are slow.

Be a different person on the web, be kind, respectful and most of all be helpful!
Accuracy of statement is one of the first elements of truth; inaccuracy is a near kin to falsehood. - Tryon Edwards

R5 ~ R6 Mk II ~ R50
Adobe and Topaz Suite for post processing
My Online Gallery

justadude
Rising Star
Rising Star

I'm running DPP 4.18.1 on a newer Mac.  It can be the only program open, and it is sluggish.  On the other hand I can open Photoshop, Lightroom, SilverFast 9 (for film scans), Apple Music, and a browser all at the same time, and they all are lightning fast.  I'm not sure what it is about that program, but some of us find it slooooow, which is too bad because other than that, it's a good program.

Gary

Digital: Canon: R6 Mk ll, R8, RP, 60D, various lenses
Film: (still using) Pentax: Spotmatic, K1000, K2000, Miranda: DR, Zenit: 12XP, Kodak: Retina Automatic II, Duaflex III

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

60+years?  As in Canonflex R2000.

What camera are you shooting with now?

Can you provide your system specs?  Brand, and  model of your computer, processor speed, OS and the amount of installed memory, etc.  

I would suggest uninstalling your current version of DPP, restarting and installing a fresh copy of DPP v4.19.10.

Let us know how it goes.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements