cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon t7i

stevejock1
Apprentice

I am looking at getting the canon t7i or t6i for shooting video for YouTube. The only worry I have is lighting. My videos go from in the dark to in the light quickly sometimes, (I do have a mounted light). So how does the video look right if the iso was high from shooting in the dark,and then light turns on?

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Neither of these cameras are designed to be used for video as their primary function.  They are still image cameras first and foremost. 

With sweeping changes in lighting, you are going to see some "undesireable" shadowing.  There is no way around this. 

You'll want to get the T7i as it will outperform the T6i, but again be mindful of the camera's limitations so you aren't disappointed. 

We can provide more information, but nothing very specific until we better understand how the camera is going to be used and with what lenses, etc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

"Neither of these cameras are designed to be used for video as their primary function"

Agree!  Buy a real video camera designed to do video.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

John_SD
Whiz

@stevejock1 wrote:

I am looking at getting the canon t7i or t6i for shooting video for YouTube. 

A T7i or T6i for YouTube videos? Why? You should just buy some $99 piece of crap from Amazon until you save up enough for a real camcorder. 

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@stevejock1 wrote:

I am looking at getting the canon t7i or t6i for shooting video for YouTube. The only worry I have is lighting. My videos go from in the dark to in the light quickly sometimes, (I do have a mounted light). So how does the video look right if the iso was high from shooting in the dark,and then light turns on?

Either of those cameras would sufffice for a static "talking head" shot.  Once the camera has been focused, no more focus adjustments are needed.  And, that's about it for those guys.  Of course, they may begin to overheat on videos more than a few minutes long.  Live streaming is out of the question, not unless you buy a streaming box.  I think Blackbox makes a popular one.

Once you start moving the camera around, which will require exposure and focus adjustments, then you will want a better camera.  A camcorder would be ideal, but the best ones tend to become heavy at the end of a selfie stick.  

The Canon M-Series cameras are nice and compact, but also surprisingly hefty for their size, about the size of a pack of cigarettes.  They are noticeably lighter than all but the least expensive DSLRs.  The SL3 might be a good choice for video, but it would not be my choice.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements