cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon r10 as webcam

ayeroness
Apprentice

Hello, Ive been trying to use my r10 as a webcam and am having trouble getting it to work. I have tried the webcam utility and plugged in a usb c cable and it did not recognize the camera and no picture popped up on the utility. I have also tried just using a usb c directly because some people were saying that you didnt need to use the webcam ultility but it also would not recognize the camera on programs like obs. I have tried to find a setting in the "find usb connection app" and changing it to what people recommended, "Video calls/streaming," but my camera doesnt have that option for selection. any solutions? 

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What computer? What OS?

Are you sure it is a good USB-C cable and not a charging only abomination?

from what i can tell it is a good usb c cable and has the usb logo thing on it

Again, PLEASE advise us of the computer type and operating system version.  It's hard to provide good info if we don't know these things!

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

my bad didnt see that part, windows 11 pc

Announcements