cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon eos rebel t7

Adrian05
Apprentice

So about 2 years ago I had received the Canon eos rebel t7 and I’ve had no issues with it, until recently the original canon battery hasn’t been holding charge, the battery would be fully charged but once i put it into the camera, the battery bar started flashing with one bar on the indicator. I bought 3rd party brands and didn’t work either, just the other day I bought a brand new original battery from canon and the camera still was blinking. Any help is appreciated 

12 REPLIES 12

pxbradley1
Enthusiast

FWIW, the battery indicator never shows that the battery is fully charged. I never get more than two lines. I talked to Canon about it and they sent me a new battery. I have three batteries and they all have the same issue.

@pxbradley1 wrote:

FWIW, the battery indicator never shows that the battery is fully charged. I never get more than two lines. I talked to Canon about it and they sent me a new battery. I have three batteries and they all have the same issue.

What I do, right or wrong, is leave the battery on the charger for about an hour after the green light comes on to indicate "charged". This always gives me 100%  where if I take if off as soon as the green light comes on, I sometimes only get 90%+. This is with Canon or Wasabi's equivalent.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

pxbradley1
Enthusiast

I tried that. It didn't make any difference. Indicator still says half charged. I have the same concern for that indicator as I do for the gas gauge on my golf cart. It doesn't work either. I always carry an extra battery.

Announcements