cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon T4i Underexposed regardless of setting

adman2012
Apprentice

Out of nowhere my T4i wouldn't let any light in through the iris, resulting in underexposed images and video. No matter which priority mode I put it in, or how much I play with Shutter Speed Aperature and ISO all of my images and video are extremely dark. I browsed the interent and found NOTHING.

Helping hand anybody???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Is there a difference when you set a small aperture (f/16) and look through the view finder and hit the depth of field preview button?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ScottyP
Authority

Does this happen with more than one lens?

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Unfortunately for me, I'm the only person in my circle of friends that's into this type of hobby..... I'll try to search for Another lens to verify whether the lens is the issue or not.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Is there a difference when you set a small aperture (f/16) and look through the view finder and hit the depth of field preview button?

For some odd reason after I set the F stop to 1/19 the camera started functioning properly again.... Beyond odd.... But thanks all for the support! It's much appreciated 

It sounds like the Aperture was stuck. Which lens? 

Announcements