cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Rebel T5i automatically stops recording after about 6 seconds. How can I disable or fix this?

fparuleski
Apprentice

I just got a Canon Rebel T5i and I was testing out the video and several times it will automatically stop recording after about 6 seconds. How can I fix or disable this?

3 REPLIES 3

cicopo
Elite

BUY better (faster write speed) memory cards. See the manual for the MINIMUM recommendation & get even better than that.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

And while buying said faster card... buy a REPUTABLE brand from a reputable vendor.  I've come to the conclusion that there are a lot of fly-by-nights making cards that are not as fast as they claim to be.

Reputable vendors are companies like Sandisk and Lexar.  But as an SD card is just a plastic card with a sticker on it, and stickers are pretty easy to fake, buy the card from a vendor you can trust is not selling fakes. 

This is one item where it is probably not a good idea to try to save money by finding the cheapest deal you can find on the Internet.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

+1 Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements