cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R7 customization SET button

Seawrenity
Contributor

Hi All, I hope someone can answer this question for me.  I have recently upgraded from the 7D MKii to the R7.  I am very familiar with customizing buttons.  
I am attempting to customize the SET button to magnify the image in playback mode.  I had this set on my 7D. When reviewing photos it was easy to press set which would zoom in and then use the rocker panel to move around the frame. However, when I try to customize this way, it doesn’t work.

According to the customization chart, this should be doable.  

Seawrenity_0-1705775128634.jpeg

Am I doing something wrong?  Thanks for any advice.

13 REPLIES 13

@Seawrenity wrote:

No the image is on my R7.  Here is the image on the back of the camera.  I have pressed nothing but the playback button so that I can see my image without distractions.

Seawrenity_0-1705943046983.jpeg

If I want to see more info, I merely push the info button.  
So, I have my photo on the screen in playback mode.  Now I push the SET button.  I should see my photo magnified/zoomed in as described in the customization window.  Instead, I see the screen which you describe as the editing screen.

something is not right.

i see.  Just as I thought, that display is not Playback Mode.  It is one of the image editing modes.  I posted a screen shot from the R7 manual of what Playback Mode looks like.  This is what the Creative Assist Editor looks like.  

Again, this is not Playback Mode.  That display is not what appears when you pres the [PLAYBACK] arrow button.  You have to go into the camera into the camera menus to display this screen.  

Your claim of pressing the [INFO] button to call up this display is plainly incorrect.

B67AE029-0AA7-445F-869B-FBCB2D215625.jpeg

I see my help is not needed here.  Have nice day.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Why are you getting upset?  I am trying to tell you the steps I have taken to determine if there is an issue or glitch here.  I take photos every day.  I playback photos often to review them.  I am familiar with the camera.  

You wrote -  “I see.  Just as I thought, that display is not Playback Mode.  It is one of the image editing modes.  I posted a screen shot from the R7 manual of what Playback Mode looks like.  This is what the Creative Assist Editor looks like.”

My response - Here is my photo in playback mode.  It is exactly the same as the first photo in your screen shot of what playback mode should look like, (full frame, no other information).  

Seawrenity_0-1705946612077.jpeg

I got here by pressing  the PLAYBACK button like I always do.

I could now press the magnify button on the back of the camera to zoom in if I wanted to.  However, I have CUSTOMIZED the SET button to perform this action just as I have customized other buttons for BBF, Eye detect etc.

However, when in PLAYBACK MODE, if I press the SET button, I do not get the magnified photo as should be expected, but get this instead:

Seawrenity_1-1705947633909.jpeg

I have NOT entered any of the menus.  
Do you have an R7?  Have you tried to repeat my steps as I have described them?

1. Go to the customize menu and assign “magnify during playback” to the SET button.

2. Take a photo

3.  Press the playback button to review it.

4. Press the set button

What do you get?  A magnified view? Or the editing screen?

I don’t understand why you ended this conversation with “I see my help is not needed here.  Have nice day.”  
Any of the statements you made, I tried to go back and see if I was doing something wrong.  I thanked you for tying to help me figure it out. I thought we were kind of exploring the problem together.  I don’t understand the attitude.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Make sure that your camera has the latest firmware. 

I suggest that you reset your camera back to factory defaults, including custom programming.  If your camera is still malfunctioning, then I suggest that you contact Canon Support.  

Entering the Image Editor is not supposed to be an available option for the Custom Programming.  Perhaps there is a firmware bug.  In any case, there is nothing more I can do to help you.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you, Waddizzle.  I appreciate your reply.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements