cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R5 mode 2 lS with Ibis

Gmanner23
Apprentice

Hello, new to the R5. Going to shoot some rally soon and was wondering if Ibis is going to be fighting me. If my lense is in mode 2 (panning mode) will Ibis follow suit?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

Lens IS (Optical Image Stabilization) and IBIS (In Body Image Stabilization) work together they will NEVER fight each other. 3rd Party lenses may have compatibility problems but first party Canon lenses work correctly.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

Lens IS (Optical Image Stabilization) and IBIS (In Body Image Stabilization) work together they will NEVER fight each other. 3rd Party lenses may have compatibility problems but first party Canon lenses work correctly.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Gmanner23 wrote:

Hello, new to the R5. Going to shoot some rally soon and was wondering if Ibis is going to be fighting me. If my lense is in mode 2 (panning mode) will Ibis follow suit?

What lens are you using?  

I suggest you read the lens manual to understand the different focusing mode for your lens.  Most lenses do not enable IS when in Mode 2 until the shutter fires.

Mode 1 is what I use with most lenses for horizontal panning.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

The main job of Image Stabilization is to stabilize the image for the AF system.  Stabilizing the image for when shutter fires only take a fraction of a second.  The majority of the time the IS is stabilizing the image for AF Tracking.

Gmanner23
Apprentice

Thanks guys. Anyone happen to know I'd I'll have issues with a Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary? Otherwise I'll just try it and see how it goes.

If you do not read the Instruction Manuals, then you should expect multiple issues.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements