cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 Mark II Focus Bracketing

SOPH1A
Apprentice
Focus brakecting with the r5 mark ii. I do a lot of flower photography. I like to use an aperture of f2.8 to get soft focus in the petals, but focus bracket the stamens to get them all in focus. I have done this successfully in the past with the R5 using Zerene Stacker to stack the images. I thought the mark ii would help automate the process.
I have set a sufficient number of photos and a suitable increment as I can see, when it takes the sequence of photos, that the focus is ending beyond the stamens. However, after the camera has finished taking the photos and starts processing, it says it has stopped processing the composite due to blur and suggest I narrow the aperture. It produces a jpeg image which covers about 3/4 the way through the stack.
I have tried varying the settings and it was still giving me the same message at f5.6. Rather rudely at F8 it told me that it was going to stop processing the image because it was "dull and monotone".  (That's how I like my flower photos!).
Can anyone give me some advice on how I can persuade the camera to process what it has taken rather than stop because it doesn't like the petal blur or tone?
0 REPLIES 0
Announcements