cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R5 Video "Unsupported File Type message"

isaacmol
Apprentice

Hello everyone, a very serious one as I may have lost a lot of footage.

I have recorded in similar file types before but never had an issue. But basically I have shot some work in both 25fps and 100fps, some of the footage has saved correctly and am able to open the files in premiere etc however other files are seen as 0 bytes despite showing a preview in the camera and on the CFExpress Card when camera was plugged in (and now actually show no preview on my computer). I have transferred all files from camera to computer and upon trying to import to Premiere Pro I get the message "Unsupported File Type" as well as a message saying that the file isn't compatible with various preview / video apps. There is some more details below;

Footage shot at 4K-U 25.00P All-I + 4K-U 100.0P All-I C.LOG3, Colour Space - Cinema Gamut. Can provide other information upon request.

I have deleted the footage off the card too so I only have the footage on the SSD which is where some is readable and some is not, is this a downloading / transferring issue? If it is why was the file size 0 bytes but the footage playable before I started downloading. I also have one file that I downloaded differently through EOS Utility which was a 0 byte file on the CFE but is downloaded and working and showing size now.

Please help as I have no idea what to do or what I can do as I deleted the originals off my camera due to habit once I download all my files.

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements