cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R6 error 20

gezervaz
Apprentice

Hello I have a 3-year-old Canon R6 it has been well taken care of. Lately, when the camera has been left untouched for a couple of hours it prompts a message with error 20. When I press the shutter it goes away, if I shut down and turn on the camera the error doesn't show back. It only appears if the camera has not been turned on in a while. I use only first-party batteries. Also, I use L series RF lenses. 2 128gb SanDisk Extreme Pro. And the camera rests on a dry cabinet. 

Aside from leaving the camera unattended, I can't recreate the conditions of the error, and since it only happens the first time I turn it on it didn't gave me the chance to read what the error was. Tested put 4 different Canon LP-E6NH including its original battery but no message was displayed. Tested all shooting modes, shutter modes and dial mode but no error arose. 

Is that a precursor to a shutter issue that would end with its replacement or I should brush it up to software and maybe ignore it until it becomes a persistent problem?

1 REPLY 1

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

You could check the firmware update history on Canon's support site to see whether this is a known "glitch" that was corrected via a firmware update. 

It probably isn't firmware related and I would choose a time when you don't need your camera for a couple of weeks and arrange for Canon to repair it before this turns into a hard failure at an inopportune time.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video
click here to view the press release
Announcements