cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 Mark II video codec not supported

JuGreaves
Apprentice

Hi to all in the community. I sure hope someone can help!

I have an R5 ii. I have captured video clips in CLOG2.

I can't get anything to play them and they wont work in the free version of DaVinci Resolve.

Everything just says something like "codec not supported".

I'm new to video. Can someone please explain to me in non-technical language what I need to do?

Many thanks,

Julian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AtticusLake
Mentor
Mentor

The free version of Resolve is limited in various ways, so that you would have a reason to buy the Studio version.  One limitation is that it doesn't support advanced codecs, like the 10-bit video your camera is probably recording.

Various things you could try:

• set your camera to record 8-bit
  • transcode your video to 8-bit, for example using Handbrake
  • buy Resolve Stiudio

Which you do is up to you.  For people doing advanced video, buying a full video editor (like Resolve Studio or Premiere Pro) would be considered pretty basic.  If you're not doing serious video, then 8-bit should be fine.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AtticusLake
Mentor
Mentor

The free version of Resolve is limited in various ways, so that you would have a reason to buy the Studio version.  One limitation is that it doesn't support advanced codecs, like the 10-bit video your camera is probably recording.

Various things you could try:

• set your camera to record 8-bit
  • transcode your video to 8-bit, for example using Handbrake
  • buy Resolve Stiudio

Which you do is up to you.  For people doing advanced video, buying a full video editor (like Resolve Studio or Premiere Pro) would be considered pretty basic.  If you're not doing serious video, then 8-bit should be fine.

Many thanks. I'll give the 8 bit resolution a try. 🙂

Announcements