cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R10 or R7 with Kit Lens?

noyolbo1
Apprentice

Hi Everyone, I hope you are all keeping well.

I am trying to push myself back into Photography (albeit basic) and after around 2-3 years without my Trusty Canon XXD DSLR (forgot if it was a 70 or 90D) I have been thinking whether I am best now to simply push over to Mirrorless with either the Canon R10 or R7 Body, with 18-150mm Lens.

The reason I say that lens is I want something simple for most things, and yes while it may at times grind my gears with the slow apertures etc, I do not plan to go all out and buy X amount of fancy lenses at least for the moment.

I plan to take landscapes and cityscape photographs, Photographs of moving vehicles (helping a friend with a project) in the Public Domain (Buses and all that), and some general photographs during travels and I would like it to be rather comfortable to hold.

One thing I do not miss is the weight of the old DSLR and 18-135mm Lens, which after most of a day it would cause my neck to be sore which is no help when I have back/neck issues. And not having had a Mirrorless I will find it very different to use as it has the EVF rather than Optical Viewfinder.

I would appreciate some thoughts and assistance in this matter and I appreciate any response I get.

Have a wonderful day.

1 REPLY 1

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi and welcome to the forum:
If you do not need in-body image stabilization, then I would recommend going with the Canon EOS R10.  I prefer the 24MP sensor of the R10 over the much more pixel dense 32MP sensor on the R7, which is more inclined to show noise and has some focusing issues at high frame rates - something that may not impact you if you are not shooting moving wildlife.
The RF-S 18-150 is a good kit lens and should work well with either body.  You can get a good deal by checking out the Canon Refurbished camera site - the cameras here may be overstock but otherwise new, opened but not used, demo or show units.  They are 'good as new' and come with a Canon warranty.  I found this link to the R10 with the kit lens - if out of stock you can request to get a notification when it is back in again.

Shop Canon Refurbished EOS R10 RF-S18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM Lens Kit |

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements