cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Eos 1 V shutter button problem

chellm
Apprentice

Hullo ! I recently bought a Canon Eos 1 V camera. Is a great body and very functional to me. I've found out a "problem" with the shutter button. It seems to be to "sensible" and never blocks the focus and the exposition. I tried all combinations possible - specially the Av Mode and so on. The lower button for vert. takes is instead perfect - locks AF and AE very well. The button seems to be too soft and has lost the "2 pressions" feel. Sometimes instead gets very hard. Is it more mechanical or software issue ? Is it a well known problem or I've got just on my camera ? The film counter shows an 750 count.

Here in Italy Canon repair service is getting very fussy about repairing non-digtal bodies.. Any solution or indication ? Do I have better sending to UK Canon Service or to Usa Canon service ?

Thank you and congratulation for the forum.

chellm

1 REPLY 1

Jason
Whiz

Hi chellm!  The Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for the US market. If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs. We encourage you to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Announcements