cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS, weird colors of LCD screen

Nansku
Apprentice

My camera’s colors of pictures look weird, when I watch them on the LCD screen.

weird_colors.jpg

When I download pictures to my computer, pictures look fine. Otherwise camera is working well.  Has anyone had this kind of problem before? Can you give me any hint or tip how I solve this problem.

17 REPLIES 17

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What type of camera?  What's weird about the colors?  I see mostly a pink flower and grreen leaves.

Most cameras have a brightness setting for the LCD displays. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

It looks posterized.

Nansku
Apprentice

This camera is old one, Canon EOS 450D. But I want to fix it.

Picture looks like posterized but it is not. Here is the new photo.

20160705_103700.jpg

Posterized, as in reduced number of colors?  Eh, maybe your LCD could be failing.  Probably not worth repairing, though.

Still looks posterized. Have you tried resetting the camera?

It really looks like dodgy JPEG artifacts, that I would not expect with fine-medium. Have you tried fine large?

Yes, first I reset the camera and tried large-fine also.

I found one old message thread from internet, where was a same problem. Camera was Canon EOS 5D. He opened back of the camera. When he had pressed the ribbon cable against the LCD he saw a posterized picture. So the cable may press the LCD. I also think about opening back of the camera and try that. I do not how that cable can touch the LCD and why now because camera worked so well before this problem.

@Nansku wrote:

Yes, first I reset the camera and tried large-fine also.

I found one old message thread from internet, where was a same problem. Camera was Canon EOS 5D. He opened back of the camera. When he had pressed the ribbon cable against the LCD he saw a posterized picture. So the cable may press the LCD. I also think about opening back of the camera and try that. I do not how that cable can touch the LCD and why now because camera worked so well before this problem.

Unless you have been factory trained, opening up your camera is highly inadvisable.  Don't rely on web videos to show you how.

lly3988
Rising Star

If you are handy and can take the risk of losing this very old camera, and you can't find a Canon repair center to repair it or find some local camera repair shops to do it for you, you may consider to DIY repair it youself.

Check out a previous post here :

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/EOS/Weird-polarized-view-on-older-Canon-DSLR-EOS-5D-DIY-sharing/m-...

Of course, a poor contact of flex cable may not be the only problem. It could be other electronic problems. But, "why not" if you have very little to lose.

If you can bear the polarizing effect play back on the screen which will not affect the image quality of the pictures taken, please forget about it and keep on shooting with it until you upgrade to a newer camera.

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@Nansku wrote:

My camera’s colors of pictures look weird, when I watch them on the LCD screen.

When I download pictures to my computer, pictures look fine. Otherwise camera is working well.  Has anyone had this kind of problem before? Can you give me any hint or tip how I solve this problem.

Make sure your camera's 'Picture Style' is set to 'Standard'.

Announcements