cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS no more shot is available, PC full. it was working for 4 years and now it is not

Marie12
Apprentice

Please any ideas?our Canon EOS rebel XS Ds126191, is connected to a PC and we were taking pictures and saving to the hardrive, but now it is not taking picture and said PC is full and in the camera said " no more shot is available"

I place another camera and it works fine, so the problem is with in the camera, Please advice

thanks! Marie

1 REPLY 1

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Marie12 wrote:

Please any ideas?our Canon EOS rebel XS Ds126191, is connected to a PC and we were taking pictures and saving to the hardrive, but now it is not taking picture and said PC is full and in the camera said " no more shot is available"

I place another camera and it works fine, so the problem is with in the camera, Please advice

thanks! Marie

The camera can only store so many pictures on a card because of the adopted file naming convention.  Similarly, the camera can only come up with so many [ 9999? ] unique file names, not every camera has the same limitations so check your owner's manual.  But, they all do have limitations. 

I would suggest using an inexpensive card reader to check the card for how many folders that it has created, and how many file names it has consumed.  You need to check against the user manual to see if the camera has run out of available folder/file names, and to copy them to your PC.

If your PC is full, and out of hard drive storage space, then that is an entirely different issue, altogether.  You need to clean up your hard drive, and no one can tell you how best to do that across the internet.  You might want to invest in an external storage drive that connects via USB.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements