cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS Rebel T5. Not taking photos/EXSIM

LandoElliott
Contributor

I have not been able to take photos on my camera for a while now, one day it just stopping taking photos. I go to click the shutter and it wont take a photo and on the chance it does its no clear. I have no idea how to fix this or what is causing it. Please help! 

9 REPLIES 9

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Have you tried to reset the camera to its defaults? Sounds like a focus issue. What lens?

LandoElliott
Contributor

I am not sure how to do that but also the defeat lens im not 100% what one it id tho 

I went to reset my camera and I do not have a 3rd page in my setting I only have the first two. 

You need to get out of the fully automatic modes and switch to PAS or M to see this menu item. See the little star in the manual excerpt I linked? That is what that means.

LandoElliott
Contributor

Thank you so much! I will try this when I get home tonight! 

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Are you sure you have a card in the card slot?

The default setting on my camera allows a shutter release without a card, and I have to go into the menu and disable that in order to prevent that from happening.

Steve Thomas

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi Lando or Elliott?

Does any message appear on the screen when you attempt to take a photo?
What lens are you using when you go to shoot?  If you have more than one lens does this happen with all of them?

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

I have a canon 28-80mm lens and a efs 18-55mm lens. How ever i don't offend switch them as I dont know the different between them. I got the 28-80mm with the first camera body I had and then the other came with the newest body I own. I believe I did switch them out at one point and yes they are doing the same thing with both lens. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements