cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS R6 or R6 Mark II

pinfet
Apprentice

I will be purchasing my first mirrorless camera.  The EOS R6 is currently $400 cheaper than the Mark II.  Is the Mark II worth the extra $400?

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Only you can really decide that.  The R6 Mark II does improve on the R6 in many ways.  There are some videos on YouTube that explain the differences in specifications including the new image sensor.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

If you plan to capture video, then the inclusion of Clog3 and the ability to externally record RAW may be worthwhile. For strictly photography though, other than the increase in resolution (25 MP vs 21 MP), I don't see any other moderate to major changes.

Having said that, if you tend to keep your cameras for a long period of time, the Mark II should have a later end-of-life support date than the first version.  So that could also be a reason to go with the newer model.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

R6 mkII is a wiser investment all the way around.  (Just my opinion)

The guys have pointed out the biggest differentiators.  For me the extra MP's is worth the $400. 6k oversampling for video, no crop, etc...

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements