cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS M50 . No Auto/manual focus button

homer999
Apprentice

I recently bought a canon Eos M50 with the image stabilizer 15 - 45 mm kit lens. According to the instructions there should be a switch for turning the lens Image stabilization off and also a switch for selecting either maual or autofocus. Neither of these switches are present. 

Any idea what's going on?

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@homer999 wrote:

I recently bought a canon Eos M50 with the image stabilizer 15 - 45 mm kit lens. According to the instructions there should be a switch for turning the lens Image stabilization off and also a switch for selecting either maual or autofocus. Neither of these switches are present. 

Any idea what's going on?

Are you looking at the correct manual?  What exactly does the lens instruction say?  That lens body has only one switch, and it appears to be a “body retraction” switch for self protection when the lens is being stored, or not in use.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

It was the manual that came with the camera. The only switch it has is a lens retraction switch. I have found that there is a way of switching between manual/auto focus in the camera menu.

Also it's possible to switch the image stabilization off in the menu, although not sure if this just applies to the camera body IS, which as far as i understand only applies to video

The ef-m 15-45mm with M50 kit is really just a bigger Powershot type camera. It has a lot of features that full on DSLRs have but not all. I always take a P&S along on every job.  If I were to buy a mirrorless that kit would be it.  It equates to a 24-70mm on a FF camera like my 1Dx.  It a very nice camera and lens.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements