cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 90D

TalmeedL
Enthusiast

I added the sigma 18-200mm and the 18-135mn STM lens. I being shooting with both, my sigma seems to work better on my 80D vs my 90D when I zoom it says lens error 🤔. So I clean the connectors turn on zoom shoot boom error. My thoughts the lens is pulling away from the connection as I zoom. Disappointed. On the other hand it's shoots nice and sharp when I can get to work. As for the canon lens. Works great a little noise but I can did with it because I have wireless mics. I other lens for filming also. Like my Rokinon 1.5/ 35mm 24mm 50mm 55-250mm. I'm real a lens collector.

1000016400.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Given the Canon EF 18-135 is working OK that would suggest the issue is with the Sigma lens and not the Canon body. If the lens is not seating correctly, or for that matter any fault to do with the working of a lens is a matter for the company that makes it.  Certainly,  your conclusion that it is a mounting issue would lie with the lens maker, but it could be giving errors for any number of reasons, including a loose connection inside the zooming unit. I would suggest contacting Sigma service in your area and have a chat with them.

As to your superfluous second post:  Canon, like every other OEM cannot and does not hold responsibility for equipment attached to their product from 3rd-party suppliers.  Their only connection with those products is to license 3rd parties to engage in the design and production of their own equipment, but with no control over either they cannot be held responsible for any issues that users may have.   This is not unique to Canon: all OEM makers including for things like computers, cars etc. have the same issue and the same policies.

I'm sure we all want to see you resolve your issue (whatever it is), however like my colleagues Bill and Demetrius, I would recommend you contact Sigma - it's their lens, after all.   You can complain to Canon if you want, but it will have absolutely no traction.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

You know I didn't purchase my camera to take better pictures I was taking pictures with five autofocus points at one point in time I did video with a rebel T2 at one point in time I came from the slums of the cameras let me glorify in my 90d thank you

'let me glorify in my 90D'.   At what point did I even mention the 90D?   WHAT are you talking about?

Your ability to explain the history of the issue is not helping.  Had you provided the information that Canon had looked at the camera and decided it was an issue with the body, I would have reacted differently.  Please, you really need to provide all relevant information - then we can offer relevant and accurate responses.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Stop talking to me man you was not a factor shut up I don't want to talk to you all night I don't argue with people you sound like a female if you want somebody to argue with go argue with your child I am not your child Go find you something safe to do and get off my post conversation just ended and I ended it Don't say another word

And the purpose of contacting Canon was because the camera in itself malfunction when I first got it so I put insurance on it and sent it back to him and they fixed it so I'm thinking maybe it's an issue with the camera too for the simple fact it doesn't even register the lens think about it. They may not be responsible for third party lenses and I don't hold them accountable for that I just want to troubleshoot the problem and that's what they good at doing just like the battery group they said the battery grip was giving me problems sending in with the camera they fixed it so I'm not going to doubt what canon can do. Look look they did an amazing job but my '90D I'm not going to count them out they might know the answer it might be a framework update but I did put the camera in aperture mode and when I change the aperture the lens did malfunction I did purchase it used it was not brand new so I figured it wouldn't malfunction so that's why I ordered the Canon lens just in case it did I figured the Canon lens even use would not malfunction now I'm not on some fancy computer where I can put commas and periods and speak punctual to you so you got to forgive me for that if not it is what it is.

And you can never speak more words wiser than the words of a rabbi I'm a ordained minister I just posted a simple message I didn't need a smart comment

I have no idea what relevance your church position has in resolving your photographic issue, but I was just trying to help you find a solution to that. 
My point was that you posted a very vague and incomplete message making it harder for me or anyone else to assist you, which is all we want to do.

cheers, TREVOR

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

The flex cable in the lens could be at fault. Try setting the camera to Av Mode. Then set the aperture to something small like F/11 or F/16. If it faults out again the lens needs to be repaired by Sigma.

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 40D (Retired) & EOS 5D Mark IV (Current)
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4 (Brought out of Retirement) & EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Speedlites: 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Well that's exactly what I did I changed the aperture and the lens malfunction.

Announcements