cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 700D stuck in Q-mode

Toshibadwaik
Apprentice

I’ve had my Canon 700D from a 5 years, and a 2 years ago I got the Q menu locked showing up in all of the manual modes. I’ve searched the internet for hours to see if there’s a way to fix it but I can’t find anything. The issues include: Touch screen doesn’t work, Aperture changes with dials but shutter speed/ISO do not, Menu will not open, And switching from video to picture mode doesn’t work when the camera is set in M, AV, TV, P, B.

Can anyone please help me with this? I am stuck with it from years now.

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forums!

Sorry to hear about this problem.  It's new one to me.  Try this!

Switch the power switch to the [OFF] position.  Remove any accessories, lenses, memory cards,  battery, external flash, cables, etc.  Close the memory card door without any memory card or battery installed.   Fully charge your Canon battery, but to not install it, not yet.

Turn the power switch to [ON].  Fully press the Shutter Button, and keep it fully pressed for at least 10 seconds.  Go for 15 seconds.  Turn the camera [OFF].

Re-install the fully charged battery.  Turn the camera [ON].

Did this reset your camera?  If not, then your camera may need to be serviced.

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/service-and-repair 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If your camera was reset, then re-install the memory card and perform a low level format.  

Be sure to only use full-size memory cards with a moderate storage capacity.  Never use micro-SD cards that require an adapter.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements