I have a 6D and would like to connect it to my iPhone 5s and an iPad Air 2. Phone is more important but would prefer both. WIreless is enabled on my camera but 'Camera Connect' on my those devices doesn't recognize a camera connection available. It says 'Camera not connected' on my iPad and on my iPhone is says 'Connect the camera' It says 'wifi off' on the display on the top of my camera even though it says enabled on the menu screen. The connection method I use is 'Camera access point mode' Then I select 'easy connection' Then it shows the encryption key. I enter that in my phone and it shows a connection with a check mark next to the camera name and the signal and lock icons to the right. Oh...Bluetooth is turned off if that matters as well as 'personal hotspot' Then after all this it shows a flashing signal icon as well as Wi-Fi ON on my camera display on the top. BUT..as soon as I hit the shutter button to go back to taking pictures and using the camera and exiting the menu screen the 'ON' text disappears and it goes back to 'off' Another weird thing is that when I am on the menu setting screen for the wireless connections I can not get off the screens. I hit menu botton and nothing happens. No other buttons work so I have to hit the shutter button to get off the screen.
The main reason I want to connect to my iPad is to transfer pics for viewing and then sending via email or other means. On my iPhone I want to connect for the remote shooting abilities as well as transfer too.
Oh I forgot. several months ago I had the remote shooting ability working on my iPhone and my 6D. Not sure what I changed on my camera/phone to make it not work. Oh..maybe I tried to get my iPad to connect also and it changed settings thus eliminating that connection.
Step 1: Connect the smartphone to the wireless LAN
REFERENCEPlease refer to the table below for more information on supported OS versions. (as of March 2016)
- iOS (iPhone / iPad) : 7.0-7.1 / 8.0-8.4 / 9.0-9.2
- Android (Smartphone / Tablet) : 4.0-4.4 / 5.0-5.1 / 6.0
IMPORTANTTo communicate with a smartphone, the camera needs to be connected to the smartphone using the dedicated application Camera Connect.Camera Connect can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play. Install Camera Connect on the smartphone and then perform the procedures to establish the connection.
If a Wi-Fi connection to the camera cannot be made using Camera Connect, please refer to The camera cannot be connected via Wi-Fi using Camera Connect.
REFERENCEWhen you first use this setting, a screen appears prompting you to register a nickname for your camera.When the camera is connected to another device via a wireless LAN, the nickname will be displayed on the device. Be sure to set a nickname for your camera.Select [OK], then enter a nickname. (Up to 16 characters can be entered.)When you are finished, press the <MENU> button.ãSelect [OK] on the confirmation screen, then press <SET>.ãThe nickname is registered, and [Wi-Fi function] screen will appear.
NOTEVirtual Keyboard Operation
- Switching to other input areasTo switch between top and bottom input areas, press the <Q> button.
- Moving the cursorTo move the cursor, press the <Multi-controller> in the top area.ã
- Entering textIn the bottom input area, press the <Multi-controller> to select characters and press <SET> to enter them.You can check how many characters you have entered, and how many more can be entered, by referring to [*/*] on the upper right of the screen.
- Deleting textIf you make a mistake, press the <> button to erase it.
- Finishing text entryPress the <MENU> button to confirm what you have entered and exit. If a confirmation screen is displayed, select [OK] to exit.
- Canceling text entryPress the <INFO.> button to cancel text entry and exit. If a confirmation screen is displayed, select [OK] to exit.
REFERENCEWhen [Manual connection] Is SelectedSet [SSID], [Channel setting], and [Encryption settings] on each screen displayed.
- Enter an SSID.Enter any character using the virtual keyboard.When you are finished, press the <MENU> button.ã
- Select [Auto setting] and press <SET>.Select [OK] and press <SET> to go to the next screen.To select manually, select [Manual setting] and turn the <Main Dial>.
- Select [None] and press <SET>.Select [OK] and press <SET> to go to the screen in step 9.For encryption, select [AES], then enter any encryption key using the virtual keyboard.
Step 2: Viewing and Saving Images with the Smartphone
- When viewable images are specified, functions of Camera Connect will be limited.
- While connected, a picture cannot be taken even if the cameraâ™s shutter button is pressed.
- Depending on the connection status, image display or shutter release may become slower than usual.
- The connection will also be terminated if you set the power switch to [ ], turn the Mode Dial, or open the card slot/battery compartment cover.
- When saving RAW images to a smartphone, they are saved as JPEG images.
- While connected, disabling the smartphoneâ™s power saving function is recommended.
The camera cannot be connected via Wi-Fi using Camera Connect
7. When the [Connect'n method] screen is displayed, perform the procedures explained from 7 in Step 1: Connect the smartphone to the wireless LAN to complete the settings.
09/26/2023: New firmware updates are available.
08/18/2023: Canon EOS R5 C training series is released.
07/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/18/2023: New firmware updates are available.
03/30/2023: New firmware updates are available.