cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 6D shooting far too small jpeg image files

Vor6D
Apprentice

Canon 6D only recently started shooting incredibly small image files. When set to large jpeg, which should produce 20MB files, the results are now between 4MB and 5MB image files. Medium and small image jpeg settings are also a lot smaller than what they should be. The problem is not affecting RAW settings.

I have formatted the SD card and reset the camera settings without any luck.

Has anyone experienced this/ have any advice?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Peter
Authority
Authority
Not that I shoot jpg, but have you ever got 20 MB jpg from your 6D ever? Maybe at highest ISO in a dark place.

View solution in original post

Large fine won't produce that big of a file. RAW yes but not in a jpg. Re check your settings & what the manual says the file size would be for that setting.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Are you going by the "size" of the sensor? i.e., a "20 MP camera"? If so, that has nothing to do with the JPEG file size because of compression.

3 REPLIES 3

Peter
Authority
Authority
Not that I shoot jpg, but have you ever got 20 MB jpg from your 6D ever? Maybe at highest ISO in a dark place.

Large fine won't produce that big of a file. RAW yes but not in a jpg. Re check your settings & what the manual says the file size would be for that setting.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Are you going by the "size" of the sensor? i.e., a "20 MP camera"? If so, that has nothing to do with the JPEG file size because of compression.

Announcements