cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 6D Missing Images

KevinW
Apprentice

On multiple shoots, since purchasing 6D, using multiple SanDisk Extreme 32G SDHC cards, when importing into Lightroom, I've noticed multiple images are missing - 'Previews Unavailable for this file'.  Via Finder, I see and can open the corresponding .jpegs, but the .CR2s have been corrupted (although full size file seems to be present).  When I try to open in Photoshop, I get: 'Photoshop does not recognize this type of file'.

I don't think the cards are the problem, since it's happened on multiple cards.

That leaves the camera.  Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

cicopo
Elite

You may need to update your Adobe Camera RAW plug in. Each new camera brings a new file format but they still get the CR2 designation.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

hsbn
Whiz
Like Cicopo said, update your software. What version of Photoshop or Lightroom are you using? I think LR need to be at least version 4.3 to read 6D files.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

If LR or camera Raw versions were off, wouldnt all of the image files have been unreadable? My bad for not specifying that only about 10% of the files were not being recognized. I'm trying a new card and reader first, then downloading directly from camera to mac. Thanks

It is not ACR. And ACR can only be updated when Adobe releases a new version. They usually notify you when this happens.

Otherwise you can click on "Check for updates" under the help menu tab in LR or PS.

You can open any image in ACR which is on version 8.1, I believe. My personal opinion is ACR is better than Canon's own version of RAW.

Do they show in DPP, which you can update yourself?

I now format my cards before each 'important' shoot. I suggest you try that, too. I think your files are truly lost

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements