cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 5d mark 2 connectivity issue

renouj21
Apprentice

I'm currently travelling in India and downloading images from my 5D mk 2 to a new Macbook Air laptop, via a CF card reader with a USB-C connector. However, the CF card reader has become damaged.I can't find anywhere selling a CF card reader, still less one with a USB-C connector. Similarly I can't find a USB 2.0 to USB-C cable. I thought I could get around the problem by connecting the camera to the computer via a USB 2.0 cable fed into a USB hub, and the hub then connected to the computer via a USB-C connector. However, the camera doesn't show up in the Finder. It seems that the camera signal can't pass through the USB hub. Is this the case? I've got a Sony camera that is very happy to be connected to my laptop through the self same USB hub. Any thoughts much appreciated.

J

3 REPLIES 3

renouj21
Apprentice

So I've now bought a USB to USB-C connector to connect the camera to my laptop, and it still doesn't work. The camera just isn't showing up on the Mac. Anyone got any ideas why?

Do you have WiFi on?

Did you try to open ImageCapture directly?

@renouj21 wrote:

So I've now bought a USB to USB-C connector to connect the camera to my laptop, and it still doesn't work. The camera just isn't showing up on the Mac. Anyone got any ideas why?

I do not think Canon recommends using a USB hub.  Some computers have built-in USB hubs to create multiple USB ports, but usually will have at least one real USB port.

You do have an older camera.  Do you have access to the internet at your location?  Your Mac may want to download a driver.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements