cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 5D Mark III, Wi-Fi settings missing in menu

Archiebentley1
Apprentice

Hi, 

I have a cannon 5D mark 3 but when I go into my menu I am not shown all the settings other people are shown when they go into their menus. I’m confused why I’m not shown them as I can’t do anything with Wi-Fi or resetting my camera. Does anyone else have this issue?

image.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

I do not believe the 5D Mark III included built-in Wi-Fi.  So, no, you would not see a menu for that option.  Maybe it did.  Also, try turning the top dial to P to see all available menu options.

If you have purchased a used camera, then I recommend that you download a free PDF copy of the User Guide.  The 5D3 is an advanced DSLR.  It includes many advanced features that fully explained in the User Guide. 

It is also a best practice to fully reset a used camera back to its factory defaults.  Again, you will need to switch the camera into one of the Creative Shooting modes, P, Av, Tv, or M.  There is a factory reset menu option, except this setting does not fully reset the camera.  Some settings have their own reset function, like Custom Controls.

This may take a few minutes to complete, but I recommend that you go through the entire menu system at least twice.  As you go through the menus, whenever you encounter a setting with its own reset option you should reset that menu option.  Go through it twice to ensure you cleared everything.

Once the camera is fully reset, the things described in the User Guide should make more sense because the User Guide assumes the camera is in a brand new, factory default, fresh out of the box, with that new camera smell state.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

I do not believe the 5D Mark III included built-in Wi-Fi.  So, no, you would not see a menu for that option.  Maybe it did.  Also, try turning the top dial to P to see all available menu options.

If you have purchased a used camera, then I recommend that you download a free PDF copy of the User Guide.  The 5D3 is an advanced DSLR.  It includes many advanced features that fully explained in the User Guide. 

It is also a best practice to fully reset a used camera back to its factory defaults.  Again, you will need to switch the camera into one of the Creative Shooting modes, P, Av, Tv, or M.  There is a factory reset menu option, except this setting does not fully reset the camera.  Some settings have their own reset function, like Custom Controls.

This may take a few minutes to complete, but I recommend that you go through the entire menu system at least twice.  As you go through the menus, whenever you encounter a setting with its own reset option you should reset that menu option.  Go through it twice to ensure you cleared everything.

Once the camera is fully reset, the things described in the User Guide should make more sense because the User Guide assumes the camera is in a brand new, factory default, fresh out of the box, with that new camera smell state.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you, I changed the creative modes and all the settings showed up

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no built in Wi-Fi on the 5D Mark III camera. Also, to see many of the menu items, you must be in P, M, Av, Tv, or B shooting modes. Auto mode doesn't show all the menu selections.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements