cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I remote-trigger an EOS Rebel XTi via an iPad?

villyguy
Contributor

I want to set up a digital camera near the bird feeder on a tree near our house and be able to trigger the camera from within our house when we see a bird we want to photograph. I am told that with the right camera, I can get an app that would let me accomplish this using my iPad.

I have a Canon Digital Rebel XTi camera (DS126151). Will this camera work in such an arrangement? If so, what app would I need?

I am a newbie, so please bear that in mind if you reply (smile). Thanks in advance for any advice.

11 REPLIES 11

Thanks, Steve, I'm learning a bit more with each step. I will keep both the camera and the manufacturer's app in mind when I shop.

Steve,

Many thanks to you and others who have helped steer this novice in the right direction. I found this Canon page that provides info that shows which models are capable of the remote shooting that I want to do:

https://app.ssw.imaging-saas.canon/app/en/cc.html?region=1

After picking some models that are in my price range, I'll check with YouTube, friends and probably this forum again to verify that the camera will work with my iPad before I buy it.

I'm getting closer in my quest, so thanks again for your help!

click here to view the gallery
Announcements