cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I connect canon t7i to a director's monitor?

KoZmikpr
Contributor

Hello. I'm planning on purchasing the canon T7i, but I need to know if it has the capabilities of connecting to an external monitor (Neewer 7" directors monitor) AND grant me the ability of being able to still see both pictures at the same time while filming?

I'm currently trying this with my old camera, a Panasonic Lumix, and it doesn't have that capability. The external monitor shuts off while filming. 

I was wondering if Canon T7i could do this? If so, what are the steps to connecting and making this work? If not, then is there a separate device that I need to purchase to make this work between camera and monitor? 

Thank you in advance for any help on this.

2 REPLIES 2

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

No, when you plug in an external monitor the internal LCD turns off. There is only one set of video circuitry.

Ok, thank you for your response. Could you please tell me what it is that I need to look for then in a camera, in order to get both the camera screen and the external monitor to stay on "while" filming? This would be a HUGE help to me as I'm am an amateur filmmaker and learning as much as I can from reading and watching others. Thank you again so much in advance for all your help.

Announcements