cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Screen Protector for EOS M50?

Far-Out-Dude
Rising Star
Rising Star

345909588_194217843495819_8907308472674451979_n.jpg344877792_5788717961232282_2181628552220572445_n.jpgWhat would be the best screen protector for my Canon eos M50? After the damage to my screen in May and having to put out close to $300.00 USD to get it fixed I am looking for a better screen protector than I did have on it as it clearly did not do it's job. (Though I am not sure any would have where the impact happened on the screen)

17 REPLIES 17

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Peak design wrist strap.  You'll never drop your camera again.  👍

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Did not drop it in the first place, it was on the tripod when it was knocked over. Do you have an answer to the actual question? 

It would have been useful to know in the original post the circumstances of how it got damaged.

Anyhow, if the entire tripod setup is going to get knocked over, who knows what will get damaged.  Could be the lens, the screen, or other camera part, etc.

To help with the tripod situation, ensure you have a tripod with center hook that you can hang weights to.  While that will not prevent every situation, it will lead to a more stable setup not so easy to knock over.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Do you have an idea on a screen protector? It getting knocked over was my fault, I went to hand somebody their firearm and was paying more attention to the muzzle end of the gun as I have always been taught to treat every gun as if it was loaded. Problem is my backside is overloaded and hit the camera on the tripod as my back was to it and the camera came down and hit a drybox that was in the blind. Had it hit dirt I think it would have been just fine.

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Sorry that the camera was damaged. Wrist strap or neck strap.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

Not what I asked. Thank you though.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I wouldn't put a LCD screen protector on a M50 or any camera for that matter.

But I wouldn't have spent $300 bucks fixing one either. If I loved the M50, which I don't, I would have put the $300 towards the M50 Mk II. Seems like a good chance and reason to get a better and five years newer model.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

You really can be an elitist jerk can't you? You seem to insult everyone's camera if it is not high end. Why do you feel the need to belittle everyone? Does it make you feel like a real man?

I won the camera, did not have a dime into it so it was not a big deal to put the money into it. Some people like myself are on a very limited income, so they have to do with what they can and getting a new one was not possible. They Mark ii goes for $699.00 that is almost half my monthly income and would have taken me months to save for, I am going to have to go without food for a few days as it is because I got what I did have fixed but I need to take pictures, it is a part of me and I have to do it. I hope to upgrade to an R6 by April but will be pushing it to do that.

Try to think about what you are saying before you say it, the problem is from what I have seen from many of your other posts I think you do think about what you say and just like to run people that do not have top of the line gear down.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

FarOut,

I know you are aware that a screen protector wouldn't have helped.  Ricky's suggestion is a good one.  Any weighted item, jacket, backpack on the center post hook can help, but wind, dogs, careless people can happen when you aren't near your rig.  In this respect I am paranoid.  I will not walk away from a tripod mounted camera unless I am alone indoors and dogs are locked up.  These are our range dogs, and your camera is fair game.  🐶  

shadowsports_0-1687193314601.png

I liked Ernie's suggestion too.  I know you have some mobility challenges, so not leaving the camera unattended is probably the safest way to protect the rig.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements